Happiest places to live in South Carolina
Looking for a new place to live in is always an interesting activity. And, even though starting a new life in a city can be a demanding task, it’s also really exciting to prepare and plan. However, you’ll need to decide which location will be the best for you and your family. This might be a bigger challenge than you could expect since there are a lot of amazing places to live in South Carolina. In order to help you with your choice, we’ve created a list of the happiest places to live in South Carolina. Some of these places will impress you so much, you’ll want to call the best cross country movers and relocate here.
What makes a place one of the happiest places to live in South Carolina?
So, what makes a place happy? That’s easy! If its citizens are happy, we consider the place happy as well. And what makes the citizens feel pleasant? That’s not as easy since there is a number of factors which determine whether a town is good for people to live in.
- Good income – cities with a good average income and living standards are usually more popular, though not necessarily happier.
- Easy to get a job – employment opportunities also make a place interesting for people. If you can get a job easily, you’ll have an easier time for starting a new life.
- Cheap living – spending less money on your basic needs like food means you’ll have more funds left for some luxuries.
- Low crime rate – being safe is important wherever you move. This is why a low crime rate is something that all happiest places to live in South Carolina have in common.
Everything we’ve mentioned so far makes a city or a town very desirable for people that are looking for a new home. However, it doesn’t make the city perfect. So, here’s something extra you should look for when searching for the best location to live in.
- Not too crowded – you don’t want your new home to be overcrowded, so you should choose smaller towns rather than big cities.
- Close to nature – keeping the great outdoors nearby is always a good idea. This way a camping trip with your kids is just a short drive away!
- Low pollution – unfortunately, this is becoming a big problem in recent years. To battle it, you can choose a town with a lot of trees.
- Interesting – finally, the place you relocate to must be able to offer something to you and your family. Any city can soon become very boring unless there’s something that drew you there in the first place. So, pick a place which offers some form of entertainment and excitement.
The most desirable places in South Carolina
After taking into account all of these factors, we’ve created a list of the happiest places to live in South Carolina. They all have what it takes to be the best place for your next move, and they’re all enough to make you hire your residential movers in South Carolina.
1. Myrtle Beach
Unsurprisingly, one of the best destinations in South Carolina is next to the ocean. Myrtle Beach meets all the criteria we mentioned above. It is a good place to live with your family or by yourself. The job market is stable and it’s easy to get employment. Finally, this is one of the most interesting locations in the Palmetto State. The ocean is right there and there are a lot of awesome beaches you can walk to! All of this makes Myrtle Beach very popular with people.
With the population of slightly over a hundred thousand, the Holy City of South Carolina is not just a historical landmark. The city of Charleston has a rich history as it was important during the American Revolution and later during the Civil War. However, all this isn’t why this city is one of the happiest places in South Carolina to live in. Charleston is one of the most stable cities in the state. The living standards are amazing and there are lots of employment opportunities. Unfortunately, buying a property in this city isn’t that easy. So, before you call your reliable cross country movers Charleston, you’ll want to find a nice home for yourself and your family.
3. Mount Pleasant
If you’re looking for a life full of outdoor activities, this is the town for you! Mount Pleasant is as pleasant as its name suggests. This location is especially popular with people moving to South Carolina from another state. So, if you’re a fan of outdoor fun and you’re planning your move, make sure you call the long distance movers South Carolina and schedule your moving day to Mount Pleasant.
4. Five Forks
The town with the happiest population in the entire South Carolina. This might be because most of its residents own their own homes. So, the real estate is affordable, but this isn’t the only reason why this is one of the happiest places to live in South Carolina. Five Forks is a small town with a welcoming community! Also, if you’re planning on opening a business after our move, you might consider this little town. Almost all of the businesses that open here are successful because of the encouraging community. If you already own a business, it might be a great idea to hire commercial movers in South Carolina and relocate your business here.
The capital of the Palmetto State had to find a place on this list. Even though this city might be overcrowded for some people, it is definitely not polluted. And we have the Environmental Protection Agency to thank for that! This place is especially suited for young adults looking for a new life or people moving for a job. However, if you’re looking for a small and quiet place to spend your retirement, we suggest you choose some other place we mentioned on this list. Columbia is one of the happiest places to live in South Carolina, but it’s not for everyone!