What To Know About Auto Transport Insurance
Planning to transport your car can be difficult. There are many things you have to think about if you wish to do it safely and without any issues. And the first thing you need to think about is auto transport insurance. Today, Best Cross Country Movers will tell you what you need to pay attention to when it comes to this. Here is what you need to do.
What is auto transport insurance?
When we talk about auto transport insurance, we need to explain first what it is and what you can expect from it. This is basic liability coverage, wherein in some instances, you can also get additional coverage. For instance, you are shipping your car and want some extra protection from anything. That is where you can get gap coverage for this. Also, you might want to ask your insurance agent if your insurance covers auto transport. Then you will know what you need to do.
Transporting your car can be tricky and demanding. You will have to think about a lot of things including the safety precautions. That is why sometimes it is for the best if you use our website to find professional storage services where you can store your car until you can transport it properly. This is something that you need to think about if you are transporting a highly expensive, valuable, and sentimental car. In this situation, your car will be safe while you organize the transportation.
Types of auto insurance
Did you know that there are 3 types of auto transport insurance? Yes, there are and they depend on what you are about to pick. These 3 types are:
- Customer insurance – It is basic transport insurance where auto transport is not included. But there is basic coverage. Requirements are minimum, and shipping is optional.
- Carrier insurance – It is liability coverage, where the company must have minimum federal requirements and licenses to operate. Shipping is required as well.
- Broker insurance – Offers supplemental coverage. Using only licensed transporters, professional carriers and shipping are optional.
These are the 3 types of insurance you can get when you are about to transport your car. It will help you keep everything safe and avoid any possible damages and mistakes. That is why it is important to use our database to search only for professional moving companies. Especially if you are moving your business as a car dealer. Then you would want to find the best commercial movers that can help you out. With them at your side, you will be able to move your business with ease.
Learn more about terminology
To fully understand auto transport insurance, you would want to know more about the terminology used here. In this instance, you will have to know what are:
- USDOT numbers – are issued by the US Department of Transportation, and only professional transporting companies can have them.
- MC number – A Moto Carrier number
- Licensed Carrier – A carrier with proper permits and licenses
- Supplemental – Another word for extra
- Carrier – A car transporting company
- Broker – A middle man who will connect you with a car transporting company
These are some of the most important terms you need to know before you hire professional movers for your auto transport. And it will help you better understand auto transport insurance. Once you figure out how this works, you will be able to better organize everything else. Not to mention schedule your moving date without any problems. These are some of the most important tips that you need to follow.
How to protect yourself from scammers
AS with everything, unfortunately, there are scammers here as well. And the best way to avoid anything bad is to learn how you can protect yourself from them:
- Always learn the difference between carriers and brokers – one will directly offer you auto transport services the others will connect you to transporting company
- Checking their papers is important – Only then you can see if they have proper permits and licenses
- Control the payment – especially if you pay them with your card
- Read reviews online – this is a good source of information if you wish to know more about the transporting company
These are some of the steps you need to take if you wish to protect yourself from any possible frauds and scams. It is important to follow these steps if you wish to save money. Also, you will be able to avoid them and probably report them to the authorities. Nobody wants to get scammed anyway. Especially when they are about to move. This is important if you are planning to save money on your move as well. Make sure to know what questions are always asked about movers. Then you will know what to expect from your move.
Do not rush things because then you will make mistakes
It is important to take your time when researching your auto transport insurance. In this situation, you would want to pick the best solution for your issues. That is why you need to do this in advance. Also, this is a moment when a lot of stressful things can happen If you want to avoid them, then you should plan everything. Not to mention that you can learn how to properly cope with stress as well. It can mean a lot in the future.
This is what you need to know about auto transport insurance before you transport your car. We are happy to know we provided you with the best information you will need about your upcoming transportation. And if you are still looking for some information, make sure to read our blog. There are quite some guides there that you can follow.