Moving to California guide
If you have decided to move to California, get ready for a life-changing experience. This part of America is adorned with climate, nature, urban life, and smiling citizens. If you are moving from the other end of the country, from a climate that is colder, it is desirable to prepare in advance. After all, you will need the right partners to bring out the move. That’s why we at Best Cross Country Movers are here for you! We understand how tedious moving to California can seem. On the other hand, it doesn’t have to be that way, because we will handle the move from start to finish! But first, take a look at this ultimate guide that helps you simplify moving preparations.
Moving to California brings a fresh start for many reasons
California is considered a major industrial and commercial center of the United States. In addition, California offers a rich modern art culture, entertainment, outdoor activities, and natural landscapes. Millions of tourists visit famous national parks every year:
- Yosemite National Park, one of California’s most significant national parks with its “hanging valleys,” granite cliffs. It also features numerous waterfalls, rivers and streams, Sequoia forests, peaks, and a lake.
- Redwood National Park and three state parks cover 560 km2 along the northern California coast. The parks preserve wooded trees, as well as oak, spruce, and fir forests, about 40 miles from the coast, grassland prairies, and rivers. Favorite activities in the parks include camping, hiking, and sightseeing.
- Pinnacles National Park depicts a landscape from an ancient volcano. In the park, there are different forms of terrain, rocks, caves, cliffs, and peaks. The park is extremely rich in avifauna that attracts birdwatchers. Other popular activities in the park are hiking, rock climbing, and camping.
- Lassen National Park of volcanic origin, located in northeastern California, is home to hot springs, steam pots, and sulfur vents.
- Joshua Tree National Park is one of the most visited national parks in California. The park protects significant regions of the Mojave and Sonoran deserts.
- Point Reyes The National Seashore protects the ecology of the Point Reyes Peninsula. Popular tourist activities in the park are camping, hiking, exploring, kayaking, and cycling.
- Death Valley National Park is another well-known national park in California. It’s a very hot and dry region. The park has a rare landscape of unique rock formations, sand dunes, canyons, mountains, and badlands.
You will need reliable movers to help you relocate to California
No matter where you move from to California, moving is not easy. It takes so much to prepare for everything to go well. Therefore, be careful when deciding which company is ideal for you. Some of the best cross country movers California has on offer fulfill the following requirements:
- license and certification
- transparent website and advertisement
- free quote
- verified testimonials
- years of successful experience
- moving equipment
- capable moving crew
Make sure to avoid shady advertisements that promise exceptional service at a very low price. Moving to California needs to be taken seriously, and not just any random movers will do the work for you. Such companies usually don’t prioritize your best interest, and often surprise their customers with hidden fees. They either don’t have an official website. However, if they do, the information isn’t as transparent as it should be. Moreover, it’s impossible to find out whether they are fully registered, licensed, and verified.
Budget your move beforehand
Set aside enough time to determine your relocation budget. Keep in mind that the transport itself, as well as loading and unloading, will cost you the most. If you do not have experience with relocations, it is best to consult with some of the best cross country movers. They will offer you expert advice and give you a realistic estimate of your moving budget.
The main factors affecting the cost of moving would be:
- Distance to your new home.
- The size of your apartment or house and the number of things you move.
- The service package you choose also determines the price of your move.
- The type of transportation you use.
Quality moving supplies are worth your money
It’s good to have friends or family members who have some leftover packing supplies. Certainly, it’s possible to reuse cardboard boxes, if they remain in good condition. Furthermore, Craigslist and other internet platforms include numerous cheap packing supplies offers. However, it’s good to be careful in this case. Just because packing supplies and tools may be cheap or free, it doesn’t mean they will do the job. For example, a low-quality cardboard box won’t endure the entire relocation. Your items are at risk of damage, and that’s something you wouldn’t want to happen.
In addition, packing itself can get complicated, especially when it comes to bulky items. Indeed, you can do it by yourself, however, it’s good to have a team of movers to handle it for you. Packing should be done carefully, and every item must be secured. Moving companies may include packing services at affordable prices, which can make extra room in your moving budget.
Storage keeps your belongings safe during relocation to California
Whether it is a short-term or long-term move, a storage unit is an ideal solution. This way, your belongings are taken care of throughout the process. DIY storage is becoming a more and more popular solution, however, it shouldn’t be an option in this case. Things are at risk of being damaged due to many factors. Therefore, storage that meets the following conditions is recommended:
- Storage has to be climate-controlled, so you can be able to move to California in any season.
- It has to be clean and sanitized to reduce the risk of insects and bacteria damaging your belongings.
- You need to have access to your belongings at any time.