Moving from Nevada to California
Interstate moving is never the easiest of ventures. Not only is it tough to take in all the changes that await you, but the amount of stuff you need to prepare can also be overwhelming. Don’t worry, though, it can all be done and the relocation can go smoothly. You just need a little help. That’s why we’re here – to talk about moving from Nevada to California and make this experience easier for you. We’ll tell you all about hiring the best cross country movers Nevada, organizing the move, learning about life in CA. So, if you want this challenge to be a little easier to bear, keep reading. We’re sure you’ll find some great tips that will make your move a success.
Learn some things about California before you move
The first step before your interstate move is getting familiar with your future home. So, before you hire the best cross country movers California and make it official, we suggest doing a little research. Learn some of the basics about California to see if it really is the best choice for your relocation. Don’t worry, we’re here to give you some insight.
- The weather is perfect. Sunshine, beaches, palm trees and light clothing – what more does a person need to be happy?
- You can never be bored in CA. California is n exciting place with a lot of booming cities offering you plenty of entertainment. Whether you want to go surfing, hiking, wine tasting or play poker in Vegas, you can do it all in the Golden State.
- Living in California is expensive. Something you should keep in mind when moving from Nevada to California is that it’s not all roses and butterflies. Though it’s a beautiful place to live, it’s also an expensive one. The taxes are high, housing is expensive and so is the cost of living. So, figure out if California is the best decision for your budget.
- The job market is very promising. Even though living here isn’t exactly cheap, you’re likely to get a great job and be able to support your lifestyle. The job market in California offers plenty of opportunities, and the unemployment rate is decreasing.
Organizing the move from Nevada to California
Hire the right interstate moving company
First things first, if you want to make the relocation across the state easier and less stressful, there’s one foolproof thing you can do – hire interstate movers. Working with professional moving companies is a great way to ensure that your relocation goes by without a hitch and that your stress levels are kept to a minimum. However, because there are a lot of companies available to you, it can be hard to choose the right one. So, here are a few tips to help you hire the best movers for your needs.
- Research is key. Read the reviews, check out the company’s licenses and track record, keep an eye out for red flags.
- Ask for moving estimates. This will help you choose the company that fits into your budget.
- What are you looking for? You need to know which services you need the company to provide you with. If you need packing services, for example, make sure you hire a company that offers them.
- Meet the movers in person. Set up a meeting and go talk to your movers face-to-face. Take the opportunity to ask about anything that isn’t clear, voice your concerns and requests and see if the movers are a good fit. If so, they will make relocating from Nevada to California a great success.
Create a plan and a budget for your relocation from Nevada to California
Creating a moving plan is the perfect way to get ready for everything that awaits. It’s also a good way to make sure you don’t forget any of the steps. So, take some time to write down all the things you need to do before you move to the state of California. If you want, you can even create a simple moving timeline to serve as a guide and show you when you should handle each task.
Other than organizing your tasks and writing a to-do list, there’s one more thing on the cards for you. Defining a moving budget is something that can greatly help you when you’re moving from Nevada to CA. So, write a list of moving expenses, gather the prices of moving companies and figure out how much money you need for this state-to-state move.
Downsize your home to make moving from Nevada to California cheaper
We understand that many people want to find a way to reduce their moving costs as much as they can. If you’re one of those people, we have a suggestion. All you have to do is go through your home and decide which things you’re ready to say goodbye to. Downsizing your home can help you save money in more ways than one.
- First of all, you won’t have to buy as many boxes and packing supplies.
- Secondly, residential movers will charge you less if the weight of your shipment is lower.
- If you’re planning a DIY move, you will need to rent a smaller, cheaper truck if you have less stuff.
- You can earn some extra pocket money by selling the things you’re getting rid of in a yard sale or online.
And if you don’t want to sell your things, you can donate them, give them away to friends or throw out the things that can’t be used any longer. Separate them into piles and decide what their destiny is. Whatever you do, decluttering will be of huge help.
Start preparing on time
Time is of the essence, especially when you’re planning an interstate move. So, do yourself a favor and start preparing on time. Create your to-do list, start looking for movers, set up your utilities, etc. If you want moving from Nevada to California to be less overwhelming, you need to give yourself enough time to get things done. So, it’s best to start all the preparations about 8 weeks before the big day.