Moving from Illinois to Arizona
Arizona’s climate, economy, and scenery make it a wonderful place to move to. If you’ve only visited this state a few times but never considered living there, it’s time to change that. If you’re here, that probably means you’re getting ready to relocate. We wholeheartedly support this decision, however, keep one thing in mind. Moving from Illinois to Arizona is not simple at all. So, before you hire the best interstate movers Illinois, you need to learn how to properly prepare for the move ahead. No matter why you’re moving to Arizona, you’ll soon find out that it is a great place to live in. We’re here to make your moving experience simple and enjoyable.
Before moving from Illinois to Arizona, you need to find good movers
Hiring movers is the most important task when planning a cross-country relocation. Only a professional crew of movers has the tools and skills needed for the job. In most cases, movers offer a variety of services. From just moving, packing and relocating, to a full-service move including packing, moving, and unpacking. Another thing you need to keep in mind is the moving budget. On average, moving to Arizona from Illinois with a studio apartment will cost around $1800. A 3 bedroom house will set you back around $3000. Even though these prices seem high, keep in mind that you are in a long-distance move, covering around 1500 miles. Hiring one of the best long distance moving companies Arizona will solve nearly all of your problems. To further help you with your search, this is what you should look for when searching for movers:
- Carefully check the reviews of your chosen moving company on websites such as the Better Business Bureau.
- Carefully calculate the entire moving cost. Add moving any delicate art or bulky furniture into account.
- Study the moving contract very carefully, and don’t be afraid to ask your movers about anything that may confuse you.
- Be careful and learn how to avoid moving scams. Always be on the look for red flags.
This may seem like a lot of work, but you must remain focused and take it slow. Go through every detail and cross it off your moving list. This is the only way to succeed.
Schedule your move ahead of time to avoid problems
A relocation takes some time to be fully completed, and naturally, it can’t happen overnight. Even though people very often move on short notice, this is something you want to avoid as much as possible. Scheduling your move ahead of time will help you make a good plan, and take care of all of the important tasks related to the relocation. When you have enough time to prepare, you can overcome any problem that comes your way with ease. Usually, it is best to contact your movers and hire them roughly 4 weeks before your chosen moving date. One of the most common moving problems is hiring movers too late. This leads to packing in a rush and naturally, more panic which could have been easily avoided.
There are a few things you should be mindful of. The ease of hiring movers depends on the time of year, as they are usually in high demand in the late spring and early summer. You also have to be aware of any national holidays and the time of the month you wish to move in. The middle of the month is usually a good time for hiring movers. People often move either at the beginning or the end of the month, because of the monthly lease contracts. Play your cards right, and you will have no problem hiring excellent residential movers. Once you’re done with this task, the last step would be choosing the city you wish to settle in.
Choose your new Arizona hometown before moving from Illinois
You’re nearly ready to head out on your journey to Arizona. However, one question remains. Where will you live? Naturally, it makes sense to look into the most popular cities in the state. Arizona has many beautiful cities to offer, and you can find recommendations on all of them. Here are the most popular cities in AZ:
- Phoenix – You simply can’t talk about the most popular Arizona cities without mentioning Phoenix. The capital of Arizona with over 1.5 million residents, it boasts an incredible skyline. Tourism is very prolific in the city of Phoenix. One thing to consider is the crime rate in the city, which has been an issue for decades. But overall, it is a very dynamic and beautiful city, if you don’t mind the heat.
- Tucson – Thanks to a large number of cacti, this is the first place that comes to mind when you say “Wild West”. If you’re into stargazing, you’ll be happy to know that the light pollution is at its lowest in this part of the state and the people are loving it. If you enjoy fine dining, Tucson is the place for you, being crowned with the title “Capital of Gastronomy” back in 2015! So, if you enjoy beautiful nature and amazing mountain ranges, this is the town for you!
- Scottsdale – This is easily the most affluent city in the state. Boasting plenty of luxury resorts, golf courses, and restaurants, it is surely one of the most popular vacation towns in Arizona. Thanks to the previously mentioned golf courses and resorts, it also happens to be the best city to retire in. Definitely a good place to consider if you’re looking for a spot to enjoy your senior years in.
A few closing words
Thanks to many beautiful towns and an amazing sunset, it is very easy to fall in love with the Grand Canyon State. However, keep in mind that moving from Illinois to Arizona isn’t a quick trip down the street. You need to be fully prepared for the journey, and the best way to do so is by hiring excellent long-distance movers, complete with their packing services. With them, your interstate move will be a breeze. Leave your home in their reliable care, and you’ll have all the time you need to embrace the beauty of Arizona.